Tuesday 9 April 2013

small scale

This semester I'm really interested in small scale,tiny images and combinations. Also play with colors and scales.


My idea was tiny painting mixed with shapes,colors etc.draw viewers attention in,painting can be playful and endless,if change a direction or add more elements it become another work in a minute.


The work I made used acrylic paint and watercolor paper,after put paint on paper,press it get those complex marks,choose and draw on them produce the background.







Feedback and conversation: the feedback on my works was quite intense,people was keep themselves a distance with the paintings as usual,but tiny images and details made them zoom in,viewers prefer A5 scale paintings rather then A4 ones,because the scale just very appropriate with simple shapes and thin lines background,A4 works added more gradients of colors and real images,the way to impove and move forward was not completely success,but still can keep going and try multiple combinations,but in another way,my idea of weiredness can be pointed out easily. Seen colors and found materials as visual qualities.

My responds: in the critique,people offered me some artists who are related to my resent works,I did some research on them,JOAN MIRO, DENY WATKINS, RAOUL DE KEYSER etc. abstraction & figuration I interested in both but in different ways, like I'd like to paint in abstract way and collect real imaged which is figurative, sort of,the whole repetition and combination actions still will be the next step of my practice,find a sublime through shapes and colors in a deceptively SIMPLE way....

No comments: