Thursday 20 June 2013

Talk Notes.

















I get the feeling that these two works have been jammed together

The sensibility seems very different

Interesting use of black and white images

The cut out trees, the sky

Are  more ordered and controlled

I like substance  of the work and the little squares here, from far away I didn’t notice they were sewn and I thought they were drawing.

You can see the relationship between the paint she has used.

A subtleness  kind of thing

I see the images as diagrams, there is a graphic design context

These images are closed up where the string joins

I would not imagine the colour and the cut outs together

Is it more about the diagram rather than the diagramatic

I find everything interesting but they work as two separate works

It is kind of a mad and I like that

It is the disjunctive  things I like that are really hand done

The work is disorientating, I like the idea but I do not like being forced to look at it

Colours match, ie thread and paint, a family line of connection.

Why the big black mount board

It is a throw back from primary school

It is a part of painting yet it isn’t

The top has a chalky effect to it, they do look very similar but different and I like the idea of each one trying to be dominant

Cut outs feed the idea of it being soft and architectural

Industrial, buildings, electricity, structured, organic intervention


Abstract/expressionism

The hand drawn grid sense of blocks is very soft, the softness is much more ofthe body I 

want to see it playing off against

Grid - For me it makes the most of it

The idea of stitching together and using small thread is interesting.

These are incomparable qualities

The force of the connection.  Does this come with this

I feel like I am looking at a diagram of the internet, this comes with this etc

Force the disconnection, eg Ian’s story about incompatible materials

Deconstructing  the idea of making something completely new

The easy selection would be to pull something out

Thomas Edmonds

I think something else is going on here.  I like the different mosh-ups

my response - I would like to see them as complete opposites

Albert Olan

Placed elements in a violent way.  Play around with scale

Everything within this image is of a certain amount of dimension, getting a push and pull

Julie Mehretu

If the black paper was measured there would be a bit more drama, the more of a thinking about the black paper

How would it be if something touched the image

We may be seeing the beginning of something

Recognise each one of these elements as a thing as opposed to a background and a device

Constructing something

I think there is room for the ........................ to be more coherent

Shergy Jensen

If this is the conversation that moves into the collage of images are from elegant??

Highlight the soft stained  patches and then the tougher lines

This is a very delicate, quite slow, procedure

I feel like it is supposed to be growing out more

It wants to be organic or somewhere else

No comments: