Monday 7 October 2013

mi piace


From artist S. Hinckley

Painting is how I know what I am thinking, feeling and where I am going, how I filter all that is in the world around me. I hope the final object becomes something beautiful for the viewer to be inspired by. Something poetic, visually stimulating. And yet a bit challenging. I have no set idea when I begin a painting. My interest is in pursuing the process intuitively. Without predetermined structure. Oil painting gives artist the ability to create many different depths and layers with thin washes of paint, this process can involve over great period of time, the colors grow and develop, building up the paint create a dialogue. Putting down a layer of wash, mark or a line of color, and then stepping back, to look and take in what I have done, and what was happened on the surface of the painting. Responding, to a mark or a layer of wash by adding or taking away these simple steps continue an interacive process that consumes me, and builds the energy with which I forcus. Days may go by because of life's responsibilities. When I walk back into the studio, and see with new eyes, what happened before,I begin the process again as the painting evolves the process slows. More time is needed to look, so much time looking, and thinking, the process becomes more and more interesting, and all consuming.

I like view her works in a roll or several pieces together,can find regular pattens and orders and feelings, this kind of feeling...how I can describe it...very peaceful and the more you look more depths you can find, it is an endless discovery and joyness, and at times, some paintering accidents happend between, it is not bad or need correct, this thoughtless accident makes painting more interesting and playful, this is what I'm looking and tracing for.








No comments: