Monday 14 October 2013

my curiosity II


Pareidolia:

the instinct to seek familiar forms in disordered images like clouds or  constellations.
the perception of random stimulus as significant.



         NO. 29



           NO. 30




















       NO. 31

This series is play with the tracing of watercolor from tissue underneath, and colour liners (very fine ones), looks like buildings or constractions, but I have no set up ideas, just build block with block, after tissue dried, peel off it, get the trace of painting, if it can called painting, I prefer related it to my last semister process "composition of fragmentation", I call it fragments, different fragments pieces together, can be seen as a painting or something else, "one thousand readers, there are one thousand Hamlet", so I throw the question back to audience, what do you see? what do you feel? (Artist Sarah Hinckley "simply hinting without defining, leaving the viewer to come away with his or her own impressions")

Some people keep asking me "is it a building?" "you change your 'fragments' to structure?"
No, my answer is no. I'm still play with the same idea, but in different way, weired way or unusual way, I choose to rejoin colours' fragments together, creating/trying the "Pareidolia".



No comments: