Tuesday 21 May 2013

after Dodi Wexler


 
 artwork as decoration (my favourite Wexler's work)

My experience from last year "map" project tell me that if do the cutting out or repeat drawing should prepare the "patience" from beginning until the last step of the work, the quality and quantity of one work basically relay on the action.

           
 
I tried cut different shapes use watercolour paper, it is thicker and more inflexible than map paper or print paper to cut out, if work with whole piece of watercolour paper,like A2 or A1 size that's incredible but slow process, so I have to keep cutting out area small and combine with my painting to see what can happened.

 


I'm kind of like the combination, the cutting out squares with drawing squares beneath, busy and exciting I supports. Otherwise seems like the drawing repetition is working too, the movement of repeating same patten remains me OO, he did the similar action which was keep writing numbers as one long project until he died, he talked about the strength and focus during the process would change and reduction, each number looks like or pretends do the same size actuary they are all different, because of that, the artwork become alive and interesting.


  
     

Even same patten can have different movements, change the orders of those squares, draw separately, draw into each other, draw different colours, draw unlikely pattens etc.




REFERENCES

http://www.dodiwexler.com/    Dodi Wexler Studio.



No comments: