Thursday 16 May 2013

the critique of the exhibition work


The most gratified matter is through the three stages I can see the graduates of my own
practise, hopefully you can see the "level up". Find the way to my own territory is full of
uncertainty and tricks, the most suitable paint, paper, methods etc. to explore art need time
to find out and tests, but as artist Dodi Wexler said:" I believe in tiny bits, also believe in
paper", to me I also believe in the mixed expression between found images and washed
paints, firstly if your works can make you feel playful and joyful , then it perhaps capable of
pleasure your audiences. 

         
                      ↓

         
                     ↓

   
                    
Considering the critic feedback, the chosen of specific site to your artwork is very important,
whether to furthest express the work or assist the work, also the quality of the site is not
underestimate, the chalk board I chose is old and dusty, if you touch it you can definitely
touched the chalk ash, the feeling of the ash is quite smooth compare to the paper's rough.
Some of the audiences see the chalk board as a part of the work, actually it is a good idea
that paintings and chalk board are suite well to each other, even seen as this way would
lower the paintings' priority, but it make the work more playful and joyful, I'm thinking of
get some chalkboard paint to continue my experiment. The whole site make the viewing
process active, viewers have to have the open and close actions, it make them more evolved
with artworks, it is can be seem as a good sign probably.

No comments: