Tuesday 14 May 2013

year 2 exhibition






For this exhibition, I choose the blackboard area, the reason is quite simple, I want my works present in a place which has dark background also the colour will suit for my colourful works, the downside wooden battens are too bright and reflective, it will disturb the viewers when they critic the paintings, the awkward doors were one of the option, but considering my paintings is not on canvas, wood or any heavy materials and its not regular shapes, door option paused.

The way I treat the blackboard area is kind of a show case, because of the two boards can folded and open, it's an interesting way to present works, not seen as just paintings which hanging on the wall, turn formal into playful is also fit to my idea of artworks. For the exhibition I only want show the two main works, when the day I set up them I fund that people would easily close the "show case" by mistake, that means probably during the show nobody wound know my works are inside, so I have to leave a small piece work out of the "case" as an introduction and guiding.


On the other hand, how to install these different layers was a question to me, it's blackboard so there is impossible to pin them together, also if glue them I can't store them properly, then sawing idea popped out, it was a slow and patient process, watercolour paper is thicker and more resilient than fabric or other type of paper, but the result to me is delightful and I really enjoyed the process.





No comments: