Monday 27 May 2013

Combination 3


Watercolour is a very beautiful and flexible material to work with, and the paper specific made for it, whatever the watercolour paper is cold-press or hot-press, all very smooth on the surface, they can hold and blooming very well. I just had a thought that if the paper surface become rough and tough...


    
         NO. 9

        NO.10 (part)

Before using diluted paint wash paper this step I brushed gesso on the surface, just gave a Minuit let it dry little bit, then did the usual process, compare the feeling of pure watercolour and watercolour with gesso, the later one created more textures and patterns were clearer. Also I found that the painting and print image look like more similar in this way. 


       NO.10



      NO.10  detail

Finally used the drawing and cut out combination, to me it is working, maybe just need more detail, more formal, the square or other shapes more meticulous and careful. 


I nearly did not do too many works on canvas, it is too formal too serious to me, but this work is quite attractive to me, square canvas whole covered by square drawing, very intent and emotional.


        NO.11



      NO.11  detail









No comments: