Monday 12 August 2013

Artist Andy Goldsworthy (drawing)


Andy Goldsworthy
Time,Change,Place (Clay Wall, November 1996)
. "...making and accounting for my time and creating a momentum which gives me a strong sense of anticipation for the future"
. "...each piece is individual,but I also see the line combined as a single work"
.Im really interested in seeing this work change and decay every single day, in AGs work he surferred the challenge "has been not simple to wait for things to decay,but to make change an integral part of a work's propose"' but in my work, I do not really need think or decide too much, it can do own work, peel off,dry,crack etc.
"...make a clay way with parts when the clay was laid deeper in a river from that would relate to the dug-out canoes places in front of it"
.AG used natural clay, I mixed clay with tissue, disgusting process but the well mixed clay paper has the nice texture
.from my experiences,smug the mixes onto wall and roll it until flat,leave for two days,just two days (less than two days would too wet can't cut the grid,more than two days would too dry),then grid it
."you can not tell where the deeper part is until the wall begins to dry out,and then the join between the different depths of clay reveals itself as two,continuous,parallel cracks,drawing a sinuous meander across the wall"
.because my clay mixes is man-made,it wouldn't like AGs clay wall can seen depths,but I quite enjoy the different dark/light from photos day by day, it is a continuing process,you can see the changes always which is an exciting thing
"Also he did another clay wall which had a snack/river inside,the spirit was from his previous work Hazel Leaves 1991, also it was continuing effect his later works"
.My grid idea was come from a concept of my studio work,I'm very happy to see the idea go cross briefs
.Through the time period,some parts of grids started peel off, crack and shrink,it need close distance to view,also this action has connection of my studio works,distances audiences' experiences
."This Clay Wall which made in November 1998 was very intense, who knows when you open the door just a clay wall appears, could be a shock and surprise in the same time"

No comments: