Tuesday 6 August 2013

something about clay 9 (drawing)








The quality of these clay pieces are really nice, each of them are different even I tried to roll them in the same direction and use same power, this is the shotage of man-made, but also it is the beauty of hand making, never be the same, always something new and surprise. 


When I hold the hundreds' pieces, I did not define it as made by clay, it more like thin pan cakes, cookies or dyed leaves, especially the lovely small eages around each pieces, who could imaging these are clay sheets, even the touching, smooth, fine and niceeee, at least in my mind the feeling of clay was not like this.  

I was too frustrated to find a suitable pedestal, unfortunately I could not find one. I got the idea of me as the pedestal of my artwork, it came from an article which is about self-identity and autobiographical, who involves my artwork the most? Me. who has the authority of the way to deal with my artwork? Me ...



How to bring colours into this work? It really bothered me alot, tried melted wax, melted oil pastels and pigment, they were not working at all, at least the resaults were not what I expected. After that acticle reading (again), I feel that myself as the power to give whatever I want was a good and interesting thought, so I chose a top with colourful dots on it, as the background of the "clay tower" did bring colours into this work, reflection or visual illusion either way.






These just some ramdon works I found online without creater's name, I do not know what he mixed into the normal clay, the new quality is kind of cool, seems like waxed and forged somehow, but it truthfully made by clay.



d

No comments: