Monday 19 August 2013

something about clay 11 (drawing)


















This is a continuing work which aimed the concepts of time and labour, also about the subject matter "clay", my this idea came from the critic of the grey clay paper, I just want make a massive one if time is enough.

Normally I mix water with one and half roll of tissue and amount of clay, directly roll it on the wall, try to make it flat and stable, it is wet and get textual so quite easy to change forms, I have the authority to control the directions and thickness of each area. Then take a photo to record the process and changes everyday, I see it as a child, he is growing and become ampler and ampler every day.

As you noticed, some parts I cut grids, it just more and the second way about labour, through the horizontal and vertical lines, let the audience get the man-made and reputation sense. If the grid is below, the artist must be sited or kneeled; if the grid is in vertical eye view , the artist much be stand right in front of it; if the grid is in high position, the artist mist be on tiptoe or with the help of outside force etc. I want audience to participate to my artwork, it is the third way of labour, the power will not from the artist herself but the viewers, the subjective experiences, the autobiography need "others" involved in somehow.




















































No comments: