Friday 16 August 2013

something about clay 10 (talk) (drawing)




As you can see, yeah, this was the critique set up, my idea was the contrast between bring colours in and out, also an experience of brown clay and grey clay.

Also another main idea was the labour.




In my critic group, people felt very confused by this work, too many things going on, colourful clay sheets, busy background, the photo of a performance, the rolling pin...

 After I introduce people started get my ideas, they suggested that: take off the two photos on the wall, put them lower, give the real laboured work more space, the rolling pin is very intense and related to either the work or the idea, the centre photo is quite attracted, can not stop looking at it, but the problem is dismissed the clay sheets as the subject matter not the body or the clothes.



People really do like this work, it made by clay mixed with tissue, totally hand made clay paper, the grid I cut depends on how much the mixes wet/dry it appeared different effects, also in that time people found a phenomenon that the eage was totally dried, more centre the drying speed slower.

I like and enjoy this work, so I will do a massive one....



 

No comments: